There may be times when you are not sure if you have a viable case. We can navigate your facts to determine if there are legal causes of action. It is best to consult with us as there are statutes of limitation that set time limits on when to file certain lawsuits after becoming knowledgeable of a potential claim. Civil cases can include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Construction
  • Business
  • Estate Planning & Probate
  • Guardianship
  • Oil & Gas
  • Product Liability
  • Consumers
  • Homeowner Associations
  • Real Estate
  • and more

No matter the civil claim we will endeavor to lead you in the right direction. So, if you have a problem with a neighbor or you are sold a product that becomes defective shortly after purchase, then give us a call.

Here is just a sample of civil cases that Estes-Hightower PLLC handles. There are many more causes of actions. Please contact us for any civil case that you want to bring or defend.


A trespass to try title action is the method of determining title to lands or other real property.


A joint owner, a claimant of real property, an interest in real property, or a joint owner of personal property may compel a partition of the interest or the property among the joint owners or claimants.


Action to recover damages or other relief arising from a construction defect and any subsequent purchaser of a residence who files a claim against a contractor.


Any action against a manufacturer or seller for recovery of damages arising out of personal injury, death, or property damage allegedly caused by a defective product.


False, misleading, or deceptive acts or practices in the conduct of any trade or commerce.


A written or spoken expression that tends to injure a living person's reputation and thereby expose the person to public hatred, contempt or ridicule, or financial injury or to impeach any person's honesty, integrity, virtue, or reputation or to publish the natural defects of anyone and thereby expose the person to public hatred, ridicule, or financial injury.


A lawsuit brought for the recovery of money damages, civil penalties, personal property, or other relief allowed by law. The claim can be for no more than $20,000, excluding statutory interest and court costs but including attorney fees, if any.


Applies to a lawsuit to recover possession of real propert.


Before appointing a guardian for a proposed ward, the court must find by clear and convincing evidence that the proposed ward is an incapacitated person, it is in the proposed ward's best interest to have the court appoint a person as the proposed ward's guardian, and the proposed ward's rights or property will be protected by the appointment of a guardian.


An application for the grant of letters testamentary or of administration of an estate must be filed not later than the fourth anniversary of the decedent's death. Exceptions are if an administration is necessary to receive or recover property due a decedent's estate or to prevent real property in a decedent's estate from becoming a danger to the health, safety, or welfare of the general public.


A person may request property in possession of any person, including the attorney general, the comptroller, or a district attorney, criminal district attorney, county attorney, county clerk, or district clerk, be returned to the owner of requested property.